Thursday, March 10, 2011

Question involving internship?

I am applying for a culinary arts internship at hotel/bed and breakfast and they request you send them a letter of recommendation. I am a freshman culinary arts student and the only primary experience I have in the kitchen is in my cooking labs with my head chef. I don't really want her writing one for me (not that she'd say anything bad I just don't think shes the right person), but shes the only person who directly works with me in the kitchen. I have other teachers, such as my food writing who I think could write a really good one, however, it wouldn't directly be about how I work in the kitchen, it would be more about good work ethic, organized etc, like a general rec commendation. My question is would it be a bad idea to send them a general type letter of recommendation or would that be okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment